What’s the best name for my peaceful divorce services business? Now that you’ve decided to start your own divorce services business, you will want to find the best name for it. Choosing the right name can be daunting for new entrepreneurs because there are so many things to consider.
Should you go with a fanciful or no-nonsense name? Should you use your own name as part of it, or not? How can you get it to communicate the right message?
For a divorce services business, you want people to know what you do by the name of your business, but be aware that in many states you cannot use the word “legal” in your business name. For example, the name of our divorce services business is Divorce With Dignity, a name that says what we do without using the word “legal”.
Before brainstorming some names, you may want to ask yourself a few questions to get some focus, such as –
- Who are my target customers? Try to get as detailed about this as possible.
- What problems do I help solve for them?
- What words or phrases appeal to them?
- What kind of name would distinguish me in the marketplace?
- Based on your answers, make a list of five to ten possible business names. Then evaluate each one based on the following criteria.
A good business name should –
- be distinctive
- be memorable
- be meaningful
- be easily spelled and pronounced
- suggest the products or services you offer
- differentiate you from the competitors
- reflect your identity or “brand”: dignity, local identification, quality or other descriptive elements
- have a positive ring
- appeal to you target customers
- elicit pride and enthusiasm within you
- sound appealing on the phone, on the radio, and look attractive on your letterhead, in marketing materials, and on your website
After evaluating your list of possible business names, take the ones that fit the requirements and try them out on your peers, and perhaps even on some focus groups. Ask them what the various names communicate to them, and what their reactions to them are. Their answers should help you select the best name for your legal services business.
One way to make the business name selection extremely easy is to have it already done for you! By joining our Divorce With Dignity Network, you would have the right to use our nationally-known name, a name that draws clients who are looking for a more peaceful and dignified way to go through the divorce process than litigation. If this is the type of client you want, then consider the other advantages of the Divorce With Dignity name. It meets all the requirements of a good business name we outlined above. It already has an established reputation. The logo and marketing materials have already been created and tested. All the hard work involved with a business name is done and you can start reaping the advantages as soon as you become a network provider. To learn more, contact us.